Monday, January 19, 2015

Observations While Running

While out for my regular aerobic exercise, as I ran along the edge of our pond, observed a bald eagle swoop over the pond, then get chased away by one or more crows, one of which followed at a respectful distance as the eagle reversed course and flew away.

Further on, I encountered five large downed trees, a hemlock and four Doug-fir, along the trail through our nature preserve. The wind storm we had three nights ago did more damage than I imagined. Later I also saw a large cedar toppled a few blocks from our house. Our crews here are fast - the trees were sectioned and removed from pathways and roads by the time I saw them.

Toward dusk, the eagle returned and rested in a fir across the pond from our deck. At such distance and low light, no decent image was possible with my equipment and skill level, but I captured a somewhat good likeness.

No comments: